- 33.2% of trans* youth have attempted suicide.
- 55% of trans* youth report being physically attacked.
- 74% of trans* youth reported being sexually harassed at school
- 90% of trans* youth reported feeling unsafe at school because of their gender expression.
- In a survey of 403 trans* people, 78% reported having been verbally harassed and 48% reported having been victims of assault, including assault with a weapon, sexual assault or rape.
- 34 out of 50 states can still legally fire trans* people for no other reason than their gender expression.
- A nationwide survey of bias-motivated violence against LGBT people from 1985 to 1998 found that incidents targeting trans* people accounted for 20% of all murders and about 40% of all police-initiated violence.
I dunno. If you look at these statistics and your biggest issue is the phrase “die cis scum”, you might just be cis scum.
(Source: maarnayeri, via bitterbrujita)